C. Hashirimizu, Kannonzaki, Otsu, Uraga
Japan heritage

The Hashirimizu Lower Gun Battery Site was established by the Imperial Japanese Army in 1886 and was one of the gun batteries that formed the Tokyo Bay Fortress. It was built upon the Hatayamazaki Battery Site which was established during the Late Edo Shogunate. The site was designated as a Japan Heritage Cultural Property and is open to visitors. The name Hatayamazaki originated from the legend of Yamato-Takeru-no-Mikoto and his wife, Ototachibana-hime, recorded in the Kojiki and the Nihon Shoki.


2-698 Hashirimizu, Yokosuka (Within Hatayamazaki Park)

Take a bus from Maborikaigan Station and walk 3 minutes from HASHIRIMIZU KAMICHO bus stop.

Free on days open to the general public. Weekday guided tour cost varies based on guide.

Hashirimizu Lower Gun Battery Hours Open to General Public
(Summer: March - October) 9:00~17:00
(Winter: November - February) 9:00~16:00

Hatayamazaki Park: Hashirimizu Lower Gun Battery Site is open to the public on Saturday, Sunday, and holidays. Only open on weekdays to guided tours. Closed on December 29 - January 3.



046-822-9561 Park Administration Div., Yokosuka City

Going Next?